Monday, July 07, 2008

In a bit of a tizzy...

I'm not experiencing this as a bad thing...although, I am amazed at how quickly my weeks off are flying by.

I leave on Wednesday for the NAAFA* conference. I will be presenting 2 workshops. As of this evening, I have one completely finished and the other almost all prepared. I still want to run through them at least once for timing...

In prep for all of this, I have set up my printer that I got awhile ago with my laptop. I have discovered that I will need to get myself a USB cable. Something I actually did anticipate, so I'm not too shocked. But it's all very exciting to realize that the brochure thing-y that I'm putting together for the first workshop, I can print off here and take to the printer only for the copies! I can also print my boarding pass at home, if I wanted to.

There have been many things happening for me and around me that I have felt drawn to comment on in the past couple of days, but for the most part, I can't remember what the hell they are. Oh! But one of them is excellent...so the convention is in L.A., and I love volcanoes, so I decided to combine these two last night and watched Volcanoe! the movie on Netflix. It is just so delightfully bad.

I haven't figured out what all to pack, and I have all sorts of things I need to get done in the next 48 hours or so. I did take a little time out of the day today to go see Wall-E which I thought was cute, but probably would not want to own a copy.

Well, that's all for now, folks...

*National Association to Advance Fat Acceptance

4 comments:

Aravis said...

Yes, lots to do but for a fun cause! I know what you mean about Volcano. I watched it not long ago myself. *G*

LB said...

I al *so* looking forward to going to see Wall-E (it opens here next week). Maddie and I have been watching the trailer and laughing hysterically at it for *months*....

Cody Bones said...

Good luck on your presentation, and as usual, here comes my unsolicited advice. Speak clearly and slowly, and make sure you have plenty of eye contact with the audience. I'm sure you will kill.

Anonymous said...

You'll do great! Hear that cheering? It's coming all the way from Minneapolis!
xo skb