Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Responsible or not responsible, that is the question

So last night, my stress level went sky high again when I heard about new regulations by the government requiring credit card companies to increase minimum payments in order to ensure that cardholders are paying more than just the interest every month. Now I agree that this is a good idea, in theory...I pay more than the minimum for this very reason. But it seems somewhat contradictory in light of President Bush's insistence that Social Security be privatized. So we should be trusted with our retirement money, when we can't be trusted to pay off debt? And really, is this the government (this government that has given us the highest deficit in history for a war that they lied to get us into) that should determine how we should handle our debt.

Blah!

On a lighter note...I have found out that I make a kick ass taboulleh.

No comments: