Thursday, June 09, 2005

"Let me slip on your tattoos"

Last night I took the BART to San Francisco to see a woman named Idexa about a tattoo. When I got there it was raining - the clouds and rain of yesterday and today have left me in a melancholy state - and I was at least a half an hour early for my appointment. So I wandered into a used book store along 16th street to get out of the rain. It's one of those places that I just love. The owner chatting it up in a big chair in the center of the store and books, randomly, everywhere. I found a copy of Starhawk's latest and a Tarot workbook that should amuse me. Did I mention that books are my greatest weakness?

Well, perhaps not. I was, after all, pursuing my love of body art. While I may not indulge, personally, very often, I do admire other's tats as often as I can. And really, there is little better place to be for tattoo art than the Bay Area.

That said, I went to Black & Blue Tattoo, and talked to Idexa. Showed her the design, my leg where I want it inked, and talked size, color and cost for about 15 minutes. We set a date for 2 weeks from yesterday. I'm disappointed, of course, it can't be sooner, but excited by the fact that I'm going forward with this...and, I'll admit, that I get to have Idexa working on me. She's good (I browsed through her portfolios) - she's also butch, pierced, and tattooed and has the most gorgeous eyes. It doesn't hurt to have a crush on your tattoo artist, I figure.

I'll be sure to take a picture once it's done, so everyone can see.

No comments: