Monday, June 13, 2005

A night out

I slept most of the day, and so met a friend for dinner tonight (I did, after all, have to eat...and miso soup does wonders for a cold). I just wanted to share with all of you that the BEST place for vegan Japanese food has got to be Cha-Ya, in Berkeley. It's in the gourmet ghetto just one block should of Cafe de la Paz. There's hardly any seating, so you might have to wait out for a bit, but it is so worth it. I love Japanese food, but am often saddened by the lack of quality of the restaurants around, especially now that I don't eat fish. But this place rocked. The miso was great, the tempura was crispy and not greasy. The presentation was classic Japanese and the range of options (for one who is increasingly left with eating the one item on a menu without animal products) was dizzying. It is a little pricey, but no more than you would expect in that area of town.

That's it, just a restaurant review. Now I'm going to go take some decongestants and hope they don't make me jumpy.

1 comment:

Soaring said...

some of the things you're saying remind me of the conversations I've been blogging about with isthisthemeaningofmylife.blogspot.com.

You might find our insights and questions akin to your own... I see what you mean when you said we're kinda going through similar things. Still, courage, mon amie! Courage!