Wednesday, July 06, 2005

I shit you not!

I started another housesit tonight...there is cable and 3 kitties (one of whom ate dinner, than promptly threw-up dinner - he eats too fast).

Sometimes people wonder why I don't have cable in my own home, but I often find that a shuffle of the cable channels brings nothing I would want to invade my brain. Tonight is a prime example...The owner of the home and 3 kitties was watching CNN prior to departing, so this is the channel that came on when I turned on the television - Larry King Live! And the topic? The controversial debate about UFOs and alien abductions! And the intro back to the show after commercial? Scenes from War of the Worlds.

It's not that I don't think that there are intelligent life in other places...it's a possibility, but why would they care about this particular planet? And if they are hanging around with the possible intent to invade and destroy...why have they waited until now when our population is so much larger than even 50 years ago and our resources are so much more depleted (not to mention our capacity to detect them much more significant).

It would behoove us more to figure out ways of sustaining life on this planet with dwindling resources and an exploding population, than it would to fund a program like SETI.

2 comments:

Cinemasochist said...

The search for extraterrestrial intelligence should be abandoned. Sometimes I think they should modify the program to find intelligent life on some places a little more terrestrial.

I like your blog, incidentally.

HistoryGeek said...

Thanks, I like your screen name.