Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Last Night

I did not sleep very well. It felt like a combination of a caffeine reaction and anxiety. Although I do remember a spectacular dream about coming across a pagan celebration of some kind and feeling immediately like I "fit." This isn't always true, and of course dreams are rarely literal, so I'll have to think about this. I've actually had dreams a couple times this week. It might be time to write them down.

I kept thinking that I wanted to post something about the G8 summit and the Live8 concert. Mostly, it feels like it's all being a bit overlooked. Apart from the Brit blogs I read, I really don't know anyone who tuned in for the Live8 concerts, and the G8 summit is taking a backseat to the brouhaha over the O'Conner resignation. In fact, the news show I watch in the a.m. spent more time talking to the family of a recovered abducted child (yeah, because that's not painful to watch) than it did on the issues or the protests surrounding the G8. Typical American journalism, it seems.

I guess I'm too tired to write anything more today.

2 comments:

Flash said...

It's a strange land that you live in.

HistoryGeek said...

No arguments there.