I'm still having panic attacks! I went to a training yesterday about Medicare part D...the new federal drug program for the elderly and disabled. I can say that it not only sucks, but it's going to wreak horrible havoc on everything. There is no oversight, the rules are changing weekly, people are vastly uninformed about it all, and it goes into effect January 1! Who thought it up? The Bush administration with heavy influence from the drug companies.
Had to get that out of my system...It's my "day off" - that's in quotes because I have a ton of stuff to do for my practice and clients to see today, but I don't have to be at the dialysis center at all today. Thank the blessed gods! The above has me hovering at panic most of the time, and that is not good for the blood pressure.
Okay, so the meme thing...here are the responses for those who requested them:
1. You have a gift...at storytelling. This comes out in your songwriting and your blog.
2. Prince Charming by Adam and the Ants
4. Lyrics...I'm dying to see some lyrics!
5. This is not the earliest, but my clearest early memory...the post in which you described your female co-workers.
6. Golden Retrievers...Dogs rock! This dog is loyal and playful and protective and energetic and incredibly intelligent. Dogs are very social animals and have a hard time without a pack.
7. Where is your favorite place in Crapsville (excluding your or Nice's flats)?
1. I love that you maintain gender neutrality.
2. Steve Erquiaga's acoustic guitar rendition of Bach's Presto
4. I owe you a pint for #5.
5. You debates over...whatever...with le moine perdu.
6. A fox...it's hard to think of you as anything different.
7. Why did you decide to start blogging?
1. You are a mensch! This isn't random, but it's patently true.
2. Sense and Sensibility (the movie)
4. No football tarot readings.
5. You and Cheryl racing to be the first to comment on one of Flash's posts.
6. A colt - strong, energetic, already beautiful, but almost surely to develop into grace and poise, playful.
7. If talent, family obligation and location were not factors, what would you do for a career?
1. You have a beautiful voice.
2. Take a Walk on the Wild Side by Lou Reed.
4. In Blackwater Woods
5. Following your profile from Flash's place and being blown away by the look of your blog.
6. A rabbit - complex, beautiful, soft, vulnerable, energetic...has a powerful kick.
7. Do you think you will always live in NY?
P.S. I go to see Green Day tomorrow!
P.P.S. I love American Idiot, but really the lyrics are not terribly upbeat.