Sunday, December 18, 2005

"Bobby wants a pair of skates"

Why is it that working on finances always makes me anxious?

Here's what I've been doing for the past several hours. I've been figuring out what "big" expenses that aren't normal bills are coming up, calculating what money I should be able to save out of my budget and what money I have coming in from things like reimbursement of my therapy costs (from my health insurance) and tax returns.

It's all necessary, in order for me to start planning a strategy for London. I have to figure out housing while I'm there, so that way I can figure out how much I'll be eating and site seeing. I may just be a lone tourist looking at the outside of buildings and eating Tesco picnics in the rain, but I will be there damnit!

Not much to say tonight really. The day's been quiet. I got lot's of comfort food at the grocery store to get me through the next 4 days.

Today was a pretty good day. Let's keep our fingers crossed that this week will be quiet and relatively uneventful.

Here are some of the pictures of lights on the houses around the Retreat. There were many more, but by the time I got home at night, I really wasn't up to wandering around the neighborhood with my camera.





Time for dinner. Then I think I'll take a bath tonight.

Have a good Monday, lovely bloggers!

3 comments:

Aravis said...

Working on finances always makes me anxious too. Good for you that you can tackle them anyway! And I'm glad you had a quiet day. The lights look lovely and peaceful.

Flash said...

Hey you!

I live an hour outside London but the offer is there if you want it.

Finances?
I understand French better!

Alecya G said...

Hey darling, wanted to drop by and tell you hello. Enjoy your bath, it always helps to relax in hot water, doesn't it?

Hope you are enjoying yourself. Let me know if you need anything.

XXX
AG