Thursday, January 26, 2006

"It seems like years since it's been clear"

Another sign that the meds are working - I feel like making plans with people (beyond Hippy Chick and B). My friend, Bette, just arrived in SF and e-mailed me. The idea of seeing her is fun and exciting. It's been awhile since I've felt like that.

I have to say that for the first day or two of feeling this way, I felt a little "dead," as though there were no emotions and that wasn't good. But that's definitely not true. I still feel things, I'm just feeling them less intensely. I guess one could argue that this is not a good thing, but since the intensity was coming from sadness and anxiety, I have to say that I think it is good. Especially because it's letting me feel the better emotions.

Even today at work, talking about stressful things, I haven't felt overwhelmed or threatened. I'm feeling more focused.

All of these things are GOOD in light of the fact that I'm spending my weekend cleaning the old apartment - a daunting task.

I won't have access to the computer again until Monday (and will be spending my spare hours scrubbing anyway), so a message for the weekend:

Happy Birthday wishes to Flash (who may or may not get to see this...) and BeeDragon! May both your birthdays be filled with much joy and the coming year bring many blessings.

10 comments:

P'tit-Loup said...

Yeah!!! That sounds like some relief at last!

Congrats for hanging in there.

Fred said...

You're much more upbeat lately, that's great news!

Anonymous said...

Yes i second the birthday wishes. I am alsoglad you are sticking to the meds. I think it will show its fruits in the long run.

Anonymous said...

Yay! so glad you are feeling better AND that you still hung out w/me even through the harder times. good luck with the cleaning and looking forward to seeing you next week amiga! :)

Anonymous said...

Woo hoo! I am so glad you are feeling better :) Thanks for the happy bday wishes!

Aravis said...

I'm so glad the med is working! I know how I felt going on mine. I had the same difficulty adjusting to the change in emotional intensity, but then like you realized that I'm still able to feel. I'm just not carried to the painful extremes anymore. I'm so very glad you're able to experience this sort of relief, and to be happy and even excited again! *hug*

Have a great weekend, despite the cleaning. :0)

Flash said...

Merci beaucoup, vous tres belle femme.

Alecya G said...

Oh, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. I had to wait a while before mine kicked in as well.

*hugs* see, things look up, eh?

swisslet said...

good to hear you're perking up Spins.

**sending you happy thoughts**

ST

Anonymous said...

hey, glad you seem to be an an up day. Grand. Long may it continue.