It's been awhile since I've done one of these, but I saw this on Flashpoint and decided to give it a go!
Before looking at the questions, list your 10 favorite bands (I'm fickle and they change, so this was hard):
1. Indigo Girls
2. Green Day
3. Wolf Mother
4. System of a Down
7. Rebecca Riots
8. Linkin Park
9. Sweet Honey in the Rock
1. What was the first song you heard of #6 (Flipsyde)?
"Someday" They were playing it on Live 105. I liked it, but then they had them in the studio and they performed an accoustical version and I was blown away that they could keep the same intensity and have it come across in such a way.
2. What was your favorite album of #8 (Linkin Park)?
3. What is your favorite lyric of #5 (Queen)?
"Fat bottom girls, you make the rockin' world go round."
4. How many times have you seen #4 (System of a Down) live?
None. I just don't get to concerts as much as some in blogland.
5. What is your favorite song by #7 (Rebecca Riots)?
6. Is there a song of #3 (Wolf Mother) that makes you sad?
7. What is your favorite lyric of #9 (Sweet Honey in the Rock)?
"You know that I'll be loving you just like a patchwork quilt." This was actually a really hard question to answer because I like their music for the combination of sound and lyrics. The piece I enjoy the most of theirs doesn't even have words.
8. What is your favorite song by #1 (Indigo Girls)?
Everything in its own time.
9. How did you get into #8 (Linkin Park)?
I have one of those subscriptions to Columbia House CD club. I forgot to send back my election form and I got this in the mail. From the first listen, I was blown away.
10. Favorite song by #4 (System of a Down)?
Lost in Hollywood.
11. How many times have you seen #1 live?
Five - The first time, we drove about 5 hours, then sat under garbage bags in the rain. But I loved them! I once attended one of their concerts with Chelsea Clinton (and her Secret Service guys). We weren't "with" her, but she walked right past us.
12. What is a good memory concerning #2 (Green Day)?
The better question is: "What isn't a good memory concerning #2?" They always rock!
13. Is there a song of #2 (Green Day) that makes you sad?
Not really, although I did listen to them a lot when I was depressed.
14. What is your favorite song of #6 (Flipsyde)?
15. How did you become a fan of #10 (AFI)?
I heard them on the Live 105. Having a car radio has really expanded my musical tastes.
Just a few other facts - 2 of those bands are defunct...and I've only seen half of them live. I don't own a CD of one of the bands, and 4 of them I only own one CD. The band that I own the most CDs of...Indigo Girls, of course.
I'm feeling much more relaxed today. I did some Target-therapy yesterday and also got some grocery shopping done. I got to meet HippyChick and BeeDragon's newest addition, Nikkyo. She's tiny and grey and very energetic!
Today, I clean and do some laundry, then go for a wee walk. I think I can handle that!