Thursday, October 26, 2006

Mixed Bag

I found out yesterday that my sister has to have surgery on her ear. According to the parents, she's pretty freaked out. What's happened is that an infection never got treated properly and it eventually invaded the bone of the ear. So they have to go in and clean it out. Lovely image, I know. It's a hard thing to know how to respond to this. I, obviously, am concerned for her, but in the past when I've shared my feelings of concerns about something, it's been completely rejected. I did send an e-mail to let her know I was thinking of her.

I was doing some research on the web, yesterday, and stumbled across information about the Military Commissions Act which was just signed last week. It's a pretty scary law that really messes with habeus corpus in a way that is making many, many people uncomfortable. You might want to go digging on this to learn more. It's far too frustrating for me to blog about in depth, and there are plenty of others who can present the case against it far more eloquently.

On the happy side of things...I'm really excited about the future of my private practice. I did more reading last night, and I'm thinking about doing some writing. It really is a timely issue with the number of married households having dipped below the 50% mark in the US for the first time. People are, clearly, choosing different configurations of coupling or not. It's a very exciting thing.

I've also been doing research for the website I want to have. BeeDragon, web designer extraordinaire, is going to be working with me on this. She's got some great templates that are fun to look through. And, I'm going to have a blog for my professional website. Yay! More blogging!

It's Thursday, which means that my weekend starts tomorrow (although I do work on Saturday morning with clients). I think it's going to be a fun one!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yay, I'm so glad you're gonna get a site :) Sorry to hear about your sis, hope it will all be ok. Oh btw I gave one of my co-workers your name as a referral for a gay couple looking for therapy :)

Cody Bones said...

I'm sure that whatever you told your sister is the right thing. As someone who reads your blog religously, and reads comments by you on others, I can say with confidence that You truely have the gift. You must be a great therapist. Keep up the good work. Luv Ya

Aravis said...

What great ideas for your practice! It all sounds like fun.

Best wishes for your sister's operation. You're lovely for continuing to reach out to her, despite her response. *hug*

Anonymous said...

I wish your sister the best and hope she gets better quickly.

I guess I picked a bad time to announce that I have reopened my blog

Just click on my name if you're interested