Monday, October 23, 2006

Strange Girl

S says that I'm a strange girl on a fairly regular basis. I've always been a little perplexed when he says this because it's in response to things that I like or want to do...for example, I told him when I started eating meat that I really wanted a Reuben sandwich and that makes me strange, apparently. This weekend, I mentioned I wanted to go to the Winchester Mystery House in San Jose and this again is a strangeness.

Now, I don't mind being strange, in fact I rather enjoy the fact that I'm not quite run-of-the-mill in my preferences, but keep in mind that the man who is telling me this prefers TLT sandwiches (that's tongue, lettuce and tomato...and no it's not a kinky thing it's meat from the cow's tongue, which is surprisingly good once you get past the idea of it) and takes his girlfriends on a date to Disney on Ice.

We did pass the geek test completely this weekend when yesterday morning, we lay together in bed and talked about our favorite parts of Star Trek. Of course, I think we also passed it the night before at Fat Lady's, this really nummy restaurant in downtown Oakland with the coolest Halloween decorations (HippyChick - there were lot's of skulls and skeletons!). At least twice, when the waiter came to bring food, we were engaged in mimicking one another's movements. I think the waiter was glad we'd been seated in a back corner.

Yesterday, we went wandering around the Oakland Zoo - spending time watching the gibbons and the strange behavior of the various children.

It was a busy weekend. I ended up sleeping for 11 hours last night. I was exhausted.

2 comments:

Hyde said...

Hmm... I like reuben sandwiches and the idea of mystery houses. Maybe when he says "strange" he doesn't mean "weird," but rather "surprising." And that's one of the best things about relationships-- learning another person in a way that surprises.

Glad you caught up on your sleep. Thinking about your email to me and also your comments lately. Haven't sorted out a reply yet though...

-h-

Aravis said...

Yes, "strange" can be a wonderful compliment I think. Randy loves that he seldom knows what I'm going to do or say next. Perhaps that's how S feels about you? :0)

It sounds like a great weekend!