Monday, December 25, 2006

Mele Kelikimaka, Feliz Navidad, Joyeux Noel

I was a little shocked to see Sister last night. She looks really old these days. She's only 41 this year, but she has these bags under her eyes and her face looks kind of puffy in a weird way. I know that she's been struggling with shaking her ear infections, but she just seemed really subdued and less animated than last year.

Today we have a pretty set family tradition...this morning, my father makes waffles and we all eat breakfast together. Then we gather around the Xmas tree and exchange "Santa" gifts. Then my mother's sister and her family arrive in the afternoon and we spend the rest of the day noshing on food that is really nummy, gossiping and playing Uno. My dad and uncle sit in the family room and watch football all day, although my dad doesn't really like football that much.

I love my family, but I'm ready to go home. I miss S. I miss Hippy Chick. I miss my bed. I miss my routine.

In a wonderful piece of news, my parents have offered to pay for my flight this year. Yay!

Okay, I'm going to have a little more coffee and stop being so random.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you too! Come home soon :) Very cool about paying for the flight. Re getting through the day, just "eat through it" as an old friend of mine used to say, hee hee :)

P'tit-Loup said...

HC I love that! Eat through it! We all do it but seldom name it. Someone had to do it. Sorry your sis doesn't look so good. Hope it's just being under the weather.

Best Holiday whishes to you too!

Aravis said...

I'm sorry to hear that your sister isn't feeling well. :0(

Your day sounds like fun, and what a wonderful gift from your parents regarding the airfare!

New White Keds said...

Hope your day was wonderful and that you found theway to get through it with lots of smile. But I totally get the ready to be home thing. Travel safely and just relish ideas of the things you will do with S when you get home.

Cool on the airfare thing too. Happy Holidays to you!