Friday, January 12, 2007

Double drat!

I realized sometime yesterday afternoon that, as I stated at the end of the last post, I was under the delusion that S would be back in a week. In reality, he gets back 2 weeks from last Wednesday. *Sigh*

I went to a new doctor yesterday: Dr. Dalton. I think that I might love her. I got there and filled out all the forms, then the medical assistant took me into a seperate room to do vitals, etc. But it was all very laid back and bright and happy. Then Dr. Dalton took me back to her office and we just sat and got to know one another. She spent a good half hour with me.

The best part is that I was a little worried about what her take on food and dieting would be. I definitely didn't want to be on the defensive about this. And we did talk about my diet, but she framed it in a "how's your diet?" way, instead of, you are obese and need to lose weight. She was, of course, really encouraging of my increasing exercise.

And, get this, with the new medication (and probably the exercise), my blood pressure was 110/74. Rock on!

I liked my previous doctor, Dr. B, but she's one of those people who is really fast. So I always felt like I was being rushed, even though her clinic was really laid back. She also was focused on her cosmetic practice more than her general practice, I think.

One last thing to share, last night coming out of the aerobics class I've started taking, I was floating on that lovely rush of endorphins that you start to experience after regular exercise. It was a nice feeling.

2 comments:

Aravis said...

It all sounds wonderful, Spins. I'm loving how good you feel about yourself!

P'tit-Loup said...

I am sort of an endorphin junkie myself. I'm glad you found a great Doc. That is very hard to do.