Friday, February 09, 2007

As usual...

I've planned too many tasks for my day off. I'm not good with planning tasks. I constantly over estimate my time constraints or my energy constraints. Today, for example, I decided that a good thing to do would be to clean my whole apartment and do laundry and go grocery shopping. And somehow the cleaning became more than just picking up. And now I'm exhausted and still have no dishes done, which are probably the most important part to have clean anyway.

But, huzzah! I have my bathroom clean.

I'm reading a really wonderful book right now called Nobody Nowhere. It's an autobiography of an autistic woman from Australia. Some of it is just painful to read. Some of it is difficult to understand. But the overall impression I have of it is fascinating.

S is going to be meeting me tonight after his class and we will get to spend the night, then I'll drive him to class (conveniently in Berkeley for Saturday) before going to see clients tomorrow. It will be so good to snuggle with him.

I think I'll come back after therapy this afternoon and take a nap. I've worked hard this morning!

1 comment:

Aravis said...

Cleaning is exhausting. I do something similar; I start cleaning because one thing is bothering me, but then I get distracted by something else. In the end I'm tired and I've cleaned, but not the thing that I wanted to.

All of this goes to say that you've worked hard today. I hope that you had a nice nap and a great snuggle!