Thursday, March 08, 2007

I put it down...

More and more lately, I'm just finding myself not quite as satisfied with my romance novels as I have been in the past. I don't know if it's because so many of them now have "mystery" plots or elements to them. I've never been quite as keen on mysteries. It may have something to do with the fact that I'm not quite as bored or needing distraction as I have been. It may also be because I've been reading a lot of stuff deconstructing romantic ideals and its been a bit of a romance-novel-buzz-kill.

Anyway, I only made it through about half of the latest one that I picked up. They were getting far too engaged in discussing a horse racing scheme that it was getting boring. I want my romance to be fraught with relational tension, not sitting about discussing horses over port. *yawn*

There's not much else for me to say right now. My life feels good and content.

1 comment:

Aravis said...

You're busy in some of the best ways. Why waste time reading something that you're not enjoying when you can be doing something else that's more fun? There are other books to read, and the romances will still be there when you're in the mood and have the time. :0)