Thursday, January 10, 2008

Morning person?

I know that I function well in the morning...although I'm pretty good in the evening, too. It's the afternoons when I feel sluggish and tired. I know this is normal. But this past week I've started a new schedule at work that requires I be there at 7 a.m. That's when I used to wake up. My body is struggling to get used to this. I'm sure it will work out just fine. Until then, I feel tired a lot.

I went to a discussion group last night for submissives. It was in the city, so a bit of a drive. But lately I've been struggling in my role in my relationship with S. A huge part of it has been that there are not many people who have relationships like this, and so there isn't a good mirror of what I'm experiencing. So last night's group was good for me. Good, especially, because it reminded me of all the things I appreciate about S.

Oh, if you are at all interested in romance novels...go over to Smart Bitches (they are in my blogroll) and read up on the Cassie Edwards scandal (plagiarism - no really!). It's been keeping me occupied at odd moments during the week.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Try getting a full spectrum sun lamp. I have been using one for the past 3 years, and not only does it help with my SAD, it also helps me stay more alert during the mid-afternoon...You can get them relatively cheaply too. (Techie girl got my current one for ~$30 @ Target)... MD in MN

P.S. SO GLAD to hear you are back on your SSRI--I can totally relate to the heebie jeebie feeling and lack/loss of "OOOOOH" in the Boudoir, but "better living through chemistry" is really a great way to be, for me and for many (and maybe for you too).
Love Ya Spins!

HistoryGeek said...

That's a great idea. I'll see if they have them here at Target. I agree..better living through chemistry, indeed!

Hyde said...

I'm curious about the support/discussion group. Write more about it if/when you're comfortable.

:)

love,
h

Cody Bones said...

The sun lamps are huge Spins, we use one here in the Cody Bones household. January in the midwest is not fun, as I'm sure you remember. Also to back up Hydes comments, If your comfortable, I would love to hear what submissives talk about in group discussion. Let us know