Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Mmmmm, nummy

On Friday, after fasting for most of the day, I get to have an endoscope put down into my tummy. This does not sound fun...although I will probably not remember it at all. I'm actually more concerned about the fasting. I'm not supposed to have anything solid after midnight, and nothing at all by mouth after 8:30 a.m. My procedure is at 2 p.m. Bleh!

I'm going to get blood drawn today and I need to make an appointment to have an ultrasound. All of this is to determine whether I have gallbladder issues or an ulcer.

The doctor's visit was, therefore, productive once I actually got to see him. My appointment was at 3:15 p.m. and I think the doctor came in at 4:45 p.m. to see me. Still he was thorough (probably why he was running so late) and friendly.

Still, I felt shaken up afterwards. I went to get some food and called S. He came to meet me at my apartment and stayed with me for a while. He snuggled with me and massaged my feet and took out my trash. He made me laugh. I really do love and miss him.

Not much more to say right now...it's just a matter of getting the tests done to see what's up.

No comments: