Monday, August 11, 2008

One hell of a day...

I tend to be something of a borderline introvert/extrovert. There are some days and situations that I love being around a lot of people and just get jazzed by interacting. Then there are others when I just want to be alone to read or to go for a walk...or just spend it with one other person.

Today, I woke up knowing that I was in an introverted mood. I also knew that all the social workers from our area in our company were coming for a meeting at our facility. I also knew that I would probably have to leave in the afternoon to deal with the issue with the doctors that I talked about last week.

All this was true, with the attendant drama that seems to accompany these things. I spent most of the day feeling like I was playing catch-up and putting out fires (one or 2 of which were of my making, sadly).

By the end of the day, I was exhausted. I'm at home now...ate a good meal and am watching the second series of Heroes on Netflix. It is such a better way to watch that show than to wait for a new episode each week. It makes much more sense.

I didn't hear from my doctor, which I know means not much in the scheme of things. Still it is frustrating...I don't like waiting.

I'm going to bed early tonight to read and get to sleep on time, for once.

3 comments:

Cody Bones said...

It's too bad you can't decide each morning which Spins you want to be. Think how convenient that would be.

HistoryGeek said...

Sometimes I do have a bit of a choice, but others...well, it is a bit annoying not to get to choose.

Aravis said...

I really hate those out-of-sync days. Here's hoping that it gets better, and that the doctors call with some good news for a change. Feel better!