Monday, September 15, 2008

Magic is best viewed from afar

This weekend, I went with S to a magic show. It was a fun bit of fluff, and the magicians were okay. But I think in the future that I don't want to sit in the front row of a magic show.

The problem with being to close to a magician doing their thing is that you can see a bit too much what they are doing. And the magic is really about not knowing.

Still, I enjoyed it much more than There Will Be Blood which we finished watching the last 10 minutes of that afternoon. I think S & I were both hopeful that something would redeem it at the last moment. We were gravely disappointed.

I went to Goodwill yesterday to do some shopping.

Oh! And my mother found a kitten (yeah, like that was hard), and they've named him Jackson. Where does she come up with these names?

No comments: