Monday, September 08, 2008

The Weekend

Friday was a busy, busy day...lot's of errands to run and a car to get fixed. I ended the day at CPK which is sort of my comfort food place.

Saturday, I saw clients...and did some good work. I then went to the tail end of a Saturday choir rehearsal. I think I'm finally getting the hang of the William Tell Overture (yes, we're singing it...no, it doesn't have words, per se).

I went home that night and toyed with the idea of doing laundry, and opted for a nap instead. That evening WritingInAK invited me to join Facebook, so I spent most of the rest of the evening playing around with that.

S called late and asked if I wanted to come by and listen to This American Life. So I went and we snuggled...then I went back home.

WritingInAK had also introduced me to Word Twist on FB. I found an online version that you can play alone, and it is like crack. I only intended to play a game or 2, but ended up staying up until 3 a.m.

I was up for breakfast with a friend and her husband (I don't have blog names for them...), then I ran some more errands before going to S' house to pick him up for our adventures.

We had a lot of time, so we talked. I cried and listened. He listened. He isn't in a place to give me the things I want and need right now. And some of what I experienced last week in our "step back" was each of us unable to communicate what was really going on for us. So we were both left frustrated with one another. It doesn't help that he used cryptic language that really did not elucidate where he was.

I don't know what I will do at this point. I don't feel strongly like I want to date someone else right now, but I'm very aware that my relationship with S is a loving friendship and not much more.

After that very intense talk, we went to a discussion about the "golden calf" part of Exodus at the Islamic Cultural Center. There were Jews, Muslims & Christians...I may have been the only pagan, but there were 2 people who identified as Unification at our table. There was good discussion and interesting interpretation.

We went from intellectual discussion to musical comedy, as we headed out to see a production of Pirates of Penzance, next. It was fun, but a little difficult to make out what the singers were singing...not really their fault as it was at an outdoor venue, but still left much to be desired.

I was tired last night, but still played several games too many of Word Twist when I got home.

This morning, I have a sinus headache. I think I'll be going home for a decongestant before too long. The roughest part of mornings like this is actually sitting up, even when I know that an upright position is going to help the sinuses clear.

No comments: